Saturday, May 26, 2012

ILETS voyage

Today,I started my ILETS class. All the weekends later will be occupied by those courses until the end of the next month. I haven't written any posts in other language for a quite long time and I pathetically found my typing speed has been declined sharply: not a good thing for TOFEL...

Well, let us talk about the English education in China. There are I guess thousands of English education agencies, all these are highly profitable: the market is ultimately large for English is a compulsory course in all the levels of education. For instance, we learn algebra in high school, later, in university we learn more about calculus which does not require most of the stuff of algebra (ok, not true for linear algebra). Now look at English, it is the only course that lasts your whole study life (so I kept all my notes). Before you can graduate from university, a certificate of English is a must which has already trapped some college students.... across all over China. So, even your hatred towards English has topped to a scary lvl, you still need to "learn" that.

The biggest agency is called new oriental education which now have successfully covered a wide range of education by teaching English. It's not merely a English education agency but a multi-language agency extended with plenty of education related stuff. And that's the main reason of why Chinese students often get a high SAT scores. A typical ambitious Chinese student with a systematic training would certainly win the game...

I take ILETS just because I prefer the way they do in speaking test compared with TOFEL. After determining my goal, one of my teacher told me there's a inspector who often gives you low grade (personal taste you know, if you're lucky enough n you get a fairly friendly one... true story...)and he, my teacher, reaching 8 in ILETS, got 5.5 in speaking section in his first time of ILETS. I scared actually, when I realized that ILETS may not be fair enough and it's as some has said a black hole...

Next time if I have enough time I'll write more English posts there, to improve writing, and ... btw I didn't check my spell or grammar because I suddenly feel that I need to rest.... immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment